My name is Marvin, and I have the honor of introducing something new in the Magic community.
Today we are announcing Team Topdecked: an inclusive community of players all over the world who love to live, play and learn more about Magic: The Gathering.
Our core principles are those of respect, helping others, and to of course learn more, both in and outside of the game we all love.
Why did I join Team TopDecked?
My first major tournament was Grand Prix Charlotte in 2016. Being in my hometown, I knew a lot of players in the main event — mainly friends and players I knew mostly by face — who at that time, I had little interaction with.
Because most of us were first timers to an event this size, we had no clue what we were supposed to do. We knew we had to play magic when pairings were up, and we that we had to try and win. That’s all. We didn’t know about proper etiquette, when to call a judge, or how nervous we would become. What I needed most for that weekend is what every person requires when they take a step into unfamiliar territory, guidance. So, to answer the question, why did I join Team TopDecked? To offer the guidance I did not receive my first time stepping into the competitive scene.
So, if you’re looking to compete for the first time, if you’re a regular competitor and enjoy helping others, if you don’t want to go to competitions alone and be a part of something bigger, reach out to us. We would love to have you on the team!
How can you join the team and get involved?
- Get the TopDecked MTG app for Android or iOS
- Join the Team TopDecked Facebook group
- Follow TopDecked on Facebook
- Get a TopDecked T-Shirt or Hoodie (Optional, but helps you show your spirit!)
Great, did that… now what?
Do you want to share your accomplishments with the rest of Team TopDecked? Do you have an idea for an article but aren’t sure where to post it? Any other ideas about TopDecked or the app? We want to know!
- Post a pic of yourself or a link to your decklist (you can do this right from our app) on social media and tag Facebook.com/TopDecked on Facebook @TopDeckedMTG on Twitter or Team_TopDecked on instagram! Use the hashtag #TeamTopDecked and we might feature your decklist on our page.
- Send us your tournament reports, spicy pieces of tech, or topics you’d like to write about. Submit your articles and if they show your heart, we might publish them! Just type it up and use this page to send it over.
- Do you want to get your local community or store involved with TopDecked? Email contact
@topdecked .me and we’ll see how we can help!